Wednesday, June 27, 2012

the aneurysm of my heart

From the first day I met you I was hooked.. there was no going back. That one "look" changed my life. You always ask if I knew what I was getting into would i have stayed? The answer is: yes, yes a million times. I loved you for who you are and nothing could have changed that. Distance and time, they don't matter. You've loved me and accepted me for exactly who I am, you put up with my every flaw, and each day I fall more and more in love with you. I feel like you see my pain, and have a subtle yet distinct way of loving me, which brightens my day when i'm feeling low. You warm my heart when you tell me i'm beautiful, and although its not openly said, there is a kind of love that ties us together, but equally drags us apart. Its a safe kind of love, one that can be intercepted or temporarily forgotten. But that can always be redeemed and replenished. You are a beautiful mistake to me, and I know you think I don't see it. Your beauty and kind soul, but I see it more than anyone. You are that beautiful someone, who to me, despite relationships, distractions or consequence, have a place in my heart, and I love you for the person that you are. I won't ever ask for your forever, or even a functional relationship. You and I work differently to that, and at the moment, at this stage in life, where we both are, it somehow works. Amongst the mess of uncomplicating everything that is thrown at us, we are eternally together. And if one day you do meet that someone who fulfills you, and I am replaced, at least I told you what was real for me and all your worth. So, as you go and chase your dreams you will always have my heart. We're the dynamic duo. I am so proud of you. I love you bigger than the sky. 

The truth is, the thought of not loving you scares me. I can actually feel my heart clench at the thought of you becoming a stranger again.

... they say if you really love someone you let them go. And if they come back, they're yours. Only yesterday was the time of our lives. I keep my fingers crossed for you, and more selfishly, for us.

And to everyone else: if you love him, don't you dare let him go. Time is precious. Let the little things go and enjoy the time you have. If he makes you feel loved each and every day, if you can be yourself when with him, if he can make you laugh, if he is your best friend. Don't give up, in the end its worth it all. Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment